Tuesday, August 16, 2011

End of summer...and webpage update!

Paint-over of my old "wtc-Tomb raiders" illustration

Today officially ends my summer "ILLUSTRATION-a-THON!" If you count my pencil illustrations I reached well over my goal of 12 illustrations, however my greatest victory was that I did alot, I accomplished alot, and I learned even MORE!

With the start of my final semester tomorrow I can face my new and rigorous illustration and homework schedule with confidence. Part of that confidence is that summer really helped me nail my voice stylistically, so that I wont spend as much time wandering around.

Regarding the illustration above it may look familiar to some of you. After I completed the masterstudy from my last post, I realized that the same paint-over method approach would work on an old painting while keeping the original vitality (problem I've dealt with in the past). So I attacked my old Wtc-Tombraiders illustration with my more recent style and rendering. The hardest part of doing this is that I had to do a lot of backwards engineering...since I was trying to correct a lot of anatomical mistakes and other issues. X_x Hope you enjoy.


As part of my self-imposed fall semester illustration program...I plan to regularly update my website...so I did one massive overhaul tonight adding some of my most recent work and throwing out the weak links. Hope you enjoy that as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment