Saturday, September 03, 2011

Final semester- first illustration update!

Soooo....here is my first update. The hardest part was getting my illustration project schedule kicked into gear, but honestly it is going well and I am excited! I can't promise I will update every week as this IS my last semester at college and I have many comprehensive classes, but rest assured illustration work is being done!

Okay for the illustration above it is another installment of my "Mr. Grump" Easy Reader that I wrote last year. It is one of my favorite scenes from the book.
And here is a test I did for a spot illustration! I did it not only as a test for a typical 'spot illustration' for a magazine article but this illustration was done 100% in CMYK mode. I was talking with fellow illustrator Jeff Porter about digital illustrations and he mentioned that working in CMYK instead of RGB brought better results when printing for him. I didn't notice a huge difference with my colors when working in CMYK, but when I printed it off I was quite surprised at how nice the colors translated. So maybe I shall work in CMYK in the future?

For other news I am honored to announce that a question of mine, regarding Plein Aire to professional Illustrator Greg Newbold, has been answered in a two post reply:

part 1

part 2

Have an enjoyable weekend!

1 comment: