Tuesday, August 09, 2011

The Misadventures of CLINK! part 2 (and a masterstudy)

Opening of Clink part 2.

Ok loyal readers I have completed another part of "THE MISADVENTURES of CLINK" (my wife's birthday comic). So that I don't bog my blog down (oh that rhymed haha) I have made a separate appendage to my webpage (link only available below).

PLEASE GO HERE TO VIEW Clink PART 2:




MASTERSTUDY::
I recently came across a new artist that intrigued me, Amedeo Modigliani. Born in the late 1800's he was one of many who paved the modern art movement. His work is mostly abstract and unfinished looking, but I really like his character designs, some of his paint application and how quickly he seemed to resolve a composition.

Since his work is generally very sketchy I took it upon myself to finalize one in a Paint-over/quasi-masterstudy utilizing what I knew and several other artists techniques. I ended up using a bit of Greg newbold, Jack Vettriano, and ALOT of Amedeo Modigliani.

My masterstudy/paint over of a Amedeo Modigliani painting.


This is the ACTUAL size of the image I did the
paint-over/masterstudy on. SUPER PIXELATED! haha

(btw I count the masterstudy as sketch 2 of 5 and Clink-part 2 as 3 of 5)

1 comment: