Friday, February 10, 2012

PBM day 9 : A Jared and Meissa Adventure : The Magic Djinn

"A Jared & Meissa Adventure: The Magic Djinn" Pencil Sketch.
2012 Graphite and Digital.

Plot:
Before I explain the plot I need you to know that this is a bit of a departure from the standard "picture books" I've been doing...its more of a junior novel category (at least half the book would be images). This book would be part of a series of books following the adventures of Jared and Meissa .

In this particular adventure a shady man sells Jared a suspicious bottle. The bottle is later accidentally broken which unleashes a tricky and mischievous Djinn (a genie) which continually finds ways to make life difficult for both Jared and Meissa. It is common knowledge that a Djinn can only be trapped by a magical bottle. A wise woman selling glass bottles in the market tells them that the only seller of magical bottles is in Cairo. On their trip to Cairo they see many sights, avoid more of the Djinns curses, find the bottle maker and trap the Djinn once more!


So...yah. Another one that needs to be colored. I hope to get to coloring these over the weekend, but the wedding cake topper is due in a week from Friday! So we shall see what happens. Also, though today's was a departure I don't know how many of these I will do. Junior Readers take a LOT more planning and thinking than standard picture books! I love doing them, but for the sake of efficiency in the marathon I might stick to younger children picture books.

No comments:

Post a Comment