Thursday, February 09, 2012

PBM day 8 : Clean Your ROOM

"Clean Your ROOM" Pencil Sketch.
2012 Graphite and Digital.

Plot:
The cover basically tells it all. A boy lets his room get ridiculously (unrealistically) messy. He sleeps wherever he wants, digs tunnels and caves, and has a great time playing hide and go seek in the jungle of his room with his friends. At one point he says, "Mom says I used to have a brother. I think he got lost several years ago in here." Basically the story is at first the benefits of having a super messy room, but in the end deals with the consequences and why it is good to keep it clean when parents ask. ^_^

I'm not sure if I would want to do this picture book due to the SHEER amount of JUNK I'd have to keep drawing, but I DID write a majority of the story accompanied with sketches!

Besides struggling to populate the pile of toys and such in the illustration Wednesdays are probably one of my busier days. Consequently, it is not in color, however I DID do a color comp and have plans to color it later this week (in addition to the 2 non-color ones from last week).

2 comments:

  1. Wait..so you make up the stories AND draw the illustrations?? That's mad! Really well done on the dedication !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave! Honestly once I decide on or come up with a GOOD story, the picture draws itself. I can't tell you how many ideas I've rejected already. We shall see how long I hold out...16 more to go this month!

    ReplyDelete