Monday, February 06, 2012

PBM day 6 : Mr. Penguin Goes North for the Winter

"Mr. Penguin Goes North for the Winter" Color Sketch.
Picture Book Marathon (PBM) day 6.
2012 Graphite and Digital.
Plot:
A charming story about Mr. Penguin who is bored of the South Pole and tired of the cold (of which I ended up writing the whole story, accompanied with rough images). All birds go south for the winter, but he is as far south as you can go! So he decides to head North. Not only is it warmer up there, but the birds party all day long!
Mr. Penguin goes on a journey, meets new friends, and see new sights. In the end he has fun, but the north is too hot for him and he misses his old friends. Perhaps the cold isn't that bad? He goes back home with a gift his new friends gave, and with this gift he brings a bit of the northern life to the South Pole!

Yes, I just created PENGUIN GLOVES! And yes, I'm back on schedule for color! yay!

So if anyone is keeping track: 6 days down...20 more to go! I wish I could say I spent all last year thinking up the ideas for this marathon, but I didn't. In fact each day I just sit down at a blank peice of paper and begin to write words, phrases, or draw pictures until something clicks. Let's hope this method keeps working!

No comments:

Post a Comment