Friday, February 03, 2012

PBM day 3 : How to Control your Parents

"How to Control your Parents" Cover Sketch.
Picture Book Marathon (PBM) day 3.
2012 Graphite and Digital.

Plot: The boy concocts many different ways to control his parents to not only do what he wants, but to avoid cleaning his room and eating his vegetables. Unfortunately none of his plans work, but he discovers a greater secret...if he ACTUALLY does what his parents ask, he still gets treats/toys and whether the parents know it or not he is controlling them that way.

In total I think I spent around 3 hours on this one (concept to finish). I keep finding ways to shorten the process while cranking out something that is coherent and fun. You might notice that this one is a little cleaner, and that is because I used an airbrush in a watercolor way for the whole coloring process, and I also left the underdrawing on the tracing paper pretty airy and textureless (especially when compared to the pirate one).

[edit: 4 February 2012. I somehow misspelled control as contol. Its now fixed.]

2 comments:

  1. Haha oh my...I really did! I will have to fix that...thanks for pointing that out. X_x

    ReplyDelete