Thursday, February 02, 2012

PBM day 2 : Pirates are scared of the dark?

"Pirates are Scared of the Dark?" Cover sketch.
Picture Book Marathon (PBM) day 2.
2012 Graphite and Digital.

Plot: Are pirates scared of the dark? "OF COURSE NOT," They roar! However once the light goes out what fills their heads? Tales of Ghosts, skeletons, and slurpy, sloppy monsters from the sea. Basically the story will show how at least one pirate deals with his "scared of the dark" phobia, or realizes that there is nothing really to be afraid of.

I'm having an absolute blast with these! I don't think they will all be color (especially the next two weeks, where I have a BIG deadline to deal with), but expect some good ideas!

Just as an FYI I made adjustments to yesterdays "Frosty morning" illustration (My good friend Amelia pointed out some serious perspective errors. Thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment