Thursday, February 02, 2012

Frosty Morning and PBM day1

"Frosty Morning"
2012 Graphite, Watercolor, and Digital.

So I have to say that this picture does not exactly represent the weather here...the past few days it has been in the 60's! Regardless, I completed this for the monthly topic over at Childrensillustrator.

Whew, this piece is among my best, but I am still unsure if I am completely happy with it. So please give me any and all types of feedback! I need it. One thing I will say is that this illustration was groundbreaking for color and light usage in a complete background environment.

PICTURE BOOK MARATHON 2012 ~ DAY 1:

"Monster School cover sketch"
Picture Book Marathon (PBM) day 1.
2012 Graphite, and Digital

Plot: Basically the timid girl in the picture recently moved. Little did her parents know that she got enrolled in a school for monsters...nor did they believe her! In the end she comes to the realization that everyone is different, but good...even if monsters.

I have this idea pretty developed with sketches and everything. It wouldn't be too hard to write out a dummy for this.

Day 1 didn't seem that hard, but if I plan to make 25 more of these this month I will need to pace myself. I probably spent a little bit too much time working on this one. I have to say it was a lot of fun since I had like ZERO time to think and worry about things and just go with the flow.

Process:
concept
concept sketch
scan
warp, edit concept sketch
Do color/value comp
print comp lightened. draw with pencil on it.
Trace and finalize sketch
scan
add colors in photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment