Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Sketch illustration- 3 birds with one stone

Three birds with one stone.

The good thing about working pro bono is that I can share with you whatever I am working on. This sketch is in preparation for the new poster I was asked to do for a class at MCC Longview.
For those who are regular followers my mermaid illustration is turning out great, and I plan to have it done by the end of the week, and maybe the birds poster will also be done.

In my sketching ability I am undergoing a great transformation, and I think the greatest reason is my refocusing on my memory sketching (photographic memory) and then portraying by what I know and remember. Due to the nature of my school classes a large void has been created of reality vs. imagination, so this is me finally bridging it back together. Too much measuring, looking, and rules can cloud the mind where as gesture, knowledge and intuition can bring freedom and stability.

No comments:

Post a Comment