Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Sketch illustration- new paint method

This was meant to be just a quick test ( spent about 2 hours on it)

I guess we will count this as my first pencil illustration for the week. ^_^

Initially I wanted to attempt my traditional Colored pencil/watercolor wash technique digitally(For both application and color methods), but ultimately ended up with a quasi colored pencil/watercolor/acrylic look. This test might be an indicator for future work. It definitely has a more FINISHED look...and I am very pleased with how easily the colors turned out.

2 comments:

  1. To extend my short 'pat on the back' message, I think this picture encapsulates your style more completely than what I've seen before. It is truly captivating, I love the eyes and the simpleness of the nose. I'm curious about her milk mustache and the inconsistent black line of an upper lip but I'll keep staring at the hair and forget those things.

    ReplyDelete