Tuesday, May 17, 2011

illustration Project- Michael Jordan tribute


Sorry for the lack of updates. I promise I will have several more this week.

Well I have to say that this is a little more realistic than I normally do with my illustrations, but it was part of the assignment. The theme was sports cover magazine. This was my final assignment for my illustration classes at UCM.

I chose basketball, mostly because Michael Jordan was my hero as a chid. I used to spend countless hours imagining I was Michael Jordan shooting hoops after school. Ironically I lived in Utah at the time and while most people were crying their eyes and hating Michael Jordan for defeating the Jazz at the championship title several times, I was glorifying him. Though my basketball skills ended (or never even started) back then, my respect and admiration for him did not.

I got a pretty bad grade on this assignment, mostly because I took too many creative liberties in interpreting Michael Jordan's face, but hopefully I fixed that and most of the concerns voiced in the critique.

This was another great step towards getting my illustrations to look more finished and less messy..I accomplished this by the brush in photoshop I have been attempting to develop all semester...though just in the past week I have already jumped ship to a new set of better and more amazing brushes (oh I can't wait to show you the results!)

1 comment:

  1. Surprisingly well done male figure! Logo seems out of place, hope the association doesn't give you grief.

    ReplyDelete