Saturday, May 21, 2011

Illustration 1 - Cat-astrophe!


"The cat managed to fit his mind control unit on a human and quickly went to work doing important matters!"

My intention for this was to be a full spread as if from a children's book. The idea for the concept came to me while driving home one day and a bird flew right past my windshield. Ideas rarely come clear, forceful, and funny all at once, but this was one of them.

This illustration ended up taking a little under two weeks to complete. It was fairly complex and one of those, "is it done yet?...how about now?...is it ever going to get done!!!" illustrations. Make sure to click and look at the image closer since it has a lot of beautiful painterly texture.

I am behind in attempting 12 complete illustrations this summer mostly because I spent so much time exploring painting methods and brushes in photoshop....but thats ok with me. Progress is progress...and this is some of my best work. I am open for suggestions and critiques on this piece! Please give me input.

1 comment: