Saturday, June 08, 2013

SVS Online Class: Assignment - 0

“It was a bright sunny morning as Koki left for school but today he thought he would take a different path...what he didn’t realize...”


So I'm starting a 5-week online illustration class next week (details on the class here: School of Visual Storytelling).  The above picture is a pre assignment for the FULL class, which the LITE class is welcome to participate, (It's just they wont have teacher interaction or the online classroom experience. FYI: I am taking the lite). They gave everyone a short phrase (The caption under the pic above) and some instructions (see bottom of this post) and we were told to illustrate it...

Tell me what you think based on the details of the assignment!

Anyway, I will try to keep you up to date on the projects and  progress I make in this class, but if I have to make a choice between spending time on an assignment or making a blog post...I will always pick DOING ART! ^_^


ASSIGNMENT- 0 DETAILS:
Please illustrate the following line of text:
“It was a bright sunny morning as Koki left for school but today he thought he would take a different path...what he didn’t realize...”

Instructions:
Interpretation: This is your chance to develop a character, environment, and supporting details.
Medium: pencil/digital - indicate value with pencil shading
size: 8.5” x 11” wide or tall (your choice)
Include: 25 identifiable objects in your illustration
Emphasis: main character and idea
Creativity: have fun with it - don’t be afraid of crazy ideas


4 comments:

  1. Wow you are fast! Like your style. I'm in the Lite class too. 25 items is a LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally love it :) you did well in this assignment ..how did they react to it? ..I'm also curious to know how the whole course is:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hatem, thank you for your compliments! I took the LITE version of the class and didn't have much interaction with the teacher or other students, but the content they discuss is amazing. Alot of it at first is pretty basic, but helpful. As the classes went on they grew more technical and I definately enjoyed that. Regarding what the reaction was to this illustration...one of the teachers was like, "Um you are definitely at a higher level than most of our students" but then he turned around and found something I could work on. I wish I could've taken the FULL class, as both the teachers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete