Saturday, March 30, 2013

Poster and IPOD paintings (massive post)

MTC Poster. 2013
Graphite and Digital.

Sorry its been so long, but I've busy working on my NEW house! (see before and after Videos here.)  

Despite spending all of my time at home remodeling, I crammed as much art as I could everywhere else using my pocket sketchbook, and playing with colors on my ipod touch (more on that in a minute.) I've learned a lot that way, and it has given me time to reflect and focus on what matters most with my art (FE: no more distractions). I've also spent a lot of time planning and preparing for a large project that will consume most of this year. Still have a lot to go before I publicly announce it, but I am very excited. I havn't quite finished remodeling, but the end is very near.

On a funny note, since it HAS been two months without my computer, and without photoshop, I had a mild mountain to re-climb trying to remember some of the finer points of my digital techniques. It was surprising the things I forgot…but fortunately I regained enough to beat a deadline (the poster above.)


Detail of MTC poster. 
(click on the picture...to enlarge.)

So as a bonus I wanted to include some of my IPOD paintings:
They are purely exploration, and fun. Sometimes from observation, sometimes contrived, & sometimes really random whims.
FYI: I use the program called SkethBook Mobile Version 2.7.1 (By AutoDesk).

As I mentioned earlier,  since I've been busy at home remodeling, I do art when I can.  The best time is when carpooling to and from work everyday. I was fortunate to have it where I never drive, and that means I get to paint whenever I want!  For example if traffic is really bad, instead of getting stressed about wasted time, I  paint! (Thanks Craig!)

Since I started these paintings I've noticed a huge improvement in my color theory. I've also found myself singling colors out in nature and falling in love with them and the relationship they have with colors around them.  This used to happen occasionally, but now it happens all of the time. Overall I am far more confident than I used to be, though I still feel like I know absolutely nothing. Sigh....

Now on to the PAINTINGS:   
FYI:They are in no particular order, and are only a selection from over 100 IPOD paintings I've made since Nov2012.



 

 

 

 

 

 






Well, what did you think?  I also hope you enjoyed my MASSIVE post today! haha ^_^

1 comment: