Friday, April 13, 2012

DodgeBEAR revelation!


Recent events have left me humbled.  My job search has been consuming, and my personal time disappearing.  So what does one do under such odds?  Create a NEW sport called DODGEBEAR! ^_^  Wouldn't that be great if you could play dodgeball with stuffed animals?  I'd worry about those marble or hard plastic eyes though... 0_o

Despite my somewhat frustrating search for a stable job, I have arrived at a point where I am 100% confident in my illustration abilities.  I feel that with my current abilities I could create a portfolio worthy of submitting to magazines and publishers...and actually have a chance to compete and also add something fresh to the market!  My only problem? Time. Sigh...If I could dedicate one month's time JUST on illustration, I could produce a simple/new portfolio. Three months...a complex portfolio.  Since random people aren't handing me money to spend time developing my portfolio I have to focus on my current part time job and further job search... sigh. ^_^

Fortunately I have developed a process that is quick, forgiving, and can be done in stages. This recipe of illustration is important...once I get a full time job I will have to limit my illustration time in short stages (2-4 hours a day).  Job searching is a bit more consuming (physically, emotionally, and mentally), which is why I haven't had the time to complete much else then these mini illustrations. ^_^  So I hope you enjoy. 

In the meantime...does anyone have any job leads for me? :)  Here is my LinkedIn profile:

1 comment: