Wednesday, February 15, 2012

PBM day off (?) : 5 Thumbnails

"Picture Book Marathon Thumbnails"
Picture Book Marathon (PBM)
2012 Graphite.

I couldn't let another day pass without saying something. First of all, I'm still deciding whether to count the past few days as part of my 3 freebies, or to make them up later. Second of all I wanted to show some of what I've been doing BEHIND THE SCENES... I spend at least 1-2 hours brainstorming and sketching ideas almost everyday for PBM. Above is a collection of thumbnails for some of my favorite ideas to date. It is highly likely that all of these will become part of the Marathon!



Now on to FINISH the wedding cake topper! (Post to come next week after the wedding.)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I usually do thumbnails for planning about once a week. I actually spend more time playing around with shapes for 30 min. a day. It might be worth it to me to thumbnail more considering how fast you tend to finish your illustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to learn more and more the importance of doing thumbnails...0_o Doing this Picture Book Marathon has really opened my eyes!

    ReplyDelete