Thursday, February 23, 2012

PBM day 21 : Too Much Vacation...

"Too Much Vacation..." Pencil Sketch.
Picture Book Marathon (PBM) day 21
2012 Graphite and Digital.

Plot: "We're tired of the heat, we're tired of the sun, its time to move closer to in-laws where its cold, cloudy and fun." Basically this family living on Hawaii is tired of it and they decide to move somewhere opposite...like Wisconsin. It would be a funny book that goes against what people normally think of as ideal (since they already live in paradise).

This is in part a congratulations to my mother in law Tutu and Eric, for getting a job in order to move away from that HORRIBLE place called HAWAII (Drat. I was hoping to use them as an excuse to visit), but it is also such a FUNNY idea!


Apparently I failed to anticipate something called SOCIALIZATION, surrounding my brother's wedding (which is tomorrow). My Grandparents flew in this afternoon. So to make up for it I included the color comp that I completed below (it is a map of what the colors might look like on the finished cover):


"Too Much Vacation..." Color Comp.

Also as a heads up...I will not be able to post tomorrow or Sunday. I hope to get a picture book idea in for Saturday...so that means I will have at least 2 ideas to make up! Sigh... (this wedding thing is complicating things. haha!)

As a final note, I made further contact with the art representative I hope to be part of, and the list of things I need to work on KEEPS SHRINKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment