Tuesday, February 21, 2012

PBM day 17 : My Tunnel to China

"My Tunnel to China" Pencil Sketch.
2012 Graphite and Digital.

Plot: I can't remember a time when I didn't enjoy playing in the dirt and digging holes, even now I still enjoy it. When I was younger I used to imagine that I could dig a tunnel to China and then find some Chinese Currency laying on the road(much like can with U.S. pennies and nickels) and take it back with me. I also enjoyed digging deep holes...the deepest I've gone so far is 11 feet! So you can imagine this story is based around that concept.

It is a semi nonfiction book where a boy digs to China, learns about the geology of the Earth and then about the Chinese culture. Sometimes children get strange ideas about people in different countries, its always nice to help them see that they are normal people, living lives that they think is normal!

At one point, right after the main character pops up in China the Police will come up to him, "Sir you cannot dig a tunnel here! It is against the law!" And then the boy will say, "But this is my back yard!" I think this book would also be one of those you would have to keep turning! Like the first half of the book would be one way, and then once he gets to China you would have to turn the book upside down. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment