Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Final Semester- Illustration: Foreign Lands

This poem is from "A Childs Garden of Verses" by Robert Louis Stevenson. The book is out of copyright protection and can be viewed here: Gutenberg.org . I chose to illustrate this poem because it reminds me a lot of my childhood, and the fun children can have exploring and using JUST their IMAGINATION. Often TV, Video Games, comics, and sometimes even books limit the infinite bounds of a child's imagination by feeding them a bunch of stereotyped, processed, and commercialized garbage.

Oh my! Cross your fingers for me, I might get TWO illustrations done this week!!! As a side note, this illustration is the second installment of my new and improved greyscale-to-color method...and amazingly enough it looks like it will work in ANY situation. I shall try it on a more complex image. If I have time I will post something about the process I used for it later this week.

Honestly I can't believe I did that to myself with all the leaves on the trees, but I couldn't stop rendering until everything FELT right. I really feel like this illustration turned out successful.


No comments:

Post a Comment