Thursday, July 28, 2011

Ceramics class and 3 birds with one stone poster

As promised here is the lineup for the 8 week Ceramics course I completed. I have to really thank my teacher who practically "babied" all of my pieces through the drying and kiln process. Not a single of my pieces exploded or cracked. Even my two Raku tiles made it through unscathed.

Once again I completed another required course for my illustration degree, of which I wouldn't have taken in the first place. Not only that, but like my sculpture teacher from several semesters ago, I was HEAVILY recommended to continue exploring in the 3D world. I have to admit I had a great time, but it was partly because it was a risk free experience, knowing that I am graduation with my BFA in Illustration this fall. I'm not sure what the future holds anything in store for me with clay, wood, or any other hand-building material, but I know it is something fun to dabble in.



It seems every time I take these 3D classes I have
too much fun just exploring and pushing myself
to the limits. haha Unfortunately, or fortunately
we had little time to dwell on them. There was a
project due every week. So I had one day for concept,
and 3 days for execution.



Some of you may recognize this particular piece from a painting
I did a masterstudy of last summer (Link)
of a Zinaida Serebriakova painting. Right now I don't have a good
color photo of the completed piece but will continue to work on getting one
I wish I could have spent more on the painting aspect,
but I had zero time to do it.



Here is a close up detail of my fountain pot
before it was fired the first time.
I really regret how dark the glaze came out in the end,
but I had no idea what I was doing. haha



As promised here is the three birds with one
stone poster that I completed this week.


Also plan on seeing the infamous "Mermaid" illustration by saturday evening. I was able to get over a slump I had by just plunging through a difficult part (which practically left me unmotivated to work on it). So expect it soon! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment