Sunday, June 12, 2011

sketch illustration-5 (of 5)


By far this is one of the most complicated illustrations of the 5 I've done the past week-week and a half...and I'm pleased with the result.

In regards to what I've learned doing these sketch illustrations....I prefer arriving somewhere rather than being somewhere. Basically I have re-emphasized my desire to let the artwork evolve rather than plan every single detail. Through evolving I am able to arrive somewhere I never thought possible...and most the time end up being genuinely surprised at the world I get to peak into.

These 5 illustrations have also given me a starting point on:
1. what I am capable of doing.
2.help realize what I like doing. (and can be profitable at)
3.Establish a consistant and marketable style.

The only issue at this point is to get this quality of illustrations in color. That will be my next focus...So next week I shall continue my summer illustration program with Illustration #3 pencil to painting! See you then!

btw I dedicate the hanging animals to my cousin Sarah. haha mostly the squirrel. ^_^

3 comments: