Wednesday, June 29, 2011

GRIMM fairy tale (W.I.P.) part 2

This week is pretty busy for me, I have two deadlines hitting about the same time. So to be short I will post a couple process shots of my GRIMM fairy tale piece and tell a little more of the story.
Here is my "photo-CHOPPED" sketch (GREAT improvements made from my original sketch)



This is my final color palette.
(I made 2 color comps. 1 based on intuition. and 2. based on an an painting from the early 1800's.
I chose to go more with number 2.)

I am open for suggestions and all feedback. Thanks! (whew...making good headway...about 3 days left!)



Okay, more of the story of "King Thrushbeard." We left off last time when the king married off his daughter to the first beggar who came to the door, which happened to be a bard.

Well the bard took her to his humble home and immediately put her to work, since they were poor. She had to learn how to cook, do laundry, clean etc. This was difficult and very hard for her especially since the food wasn't very nourishing. Eventually she found herself able to help by selling pots her husband had chanced across, at a local market. Since she was a beautiful woman she sold many while her husband went on trips to earn money.

One day a reckless soldier came tearing through the market and destroyed a large number of her pots. The princess was terrified since they were already having a hard time making ends meet, and was wondering what her husband would think.

Thats all for now....story to be updated/finished at the completion of the illustration. :) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment