Wednesday, May 04, 2011

IF- Lesson

With my spring semester all wrapped up today I am gearing myself for my self-imposed summer ILLUSTRATION PROJECT. (not very catchy title is it. I need to work on it.) Basically for the entire summer I will complete ONE illustration a week. I will push myself and spend at least 6 hours a day 5 days a week working on only illustration.

The illustration above was a pre-project test, trying to staple down my final style and methods for the roughly 12 or so illustrations I plan to complete over the summer. It came about after watching Omar Dogan paintings some of his backgrounds on BLOG TV and watching Will Terry paint these two illustrations on youtube (illustration 1 / Illustration 2.) I spent more time on the illustration than intended, mostly because it developed early on better than I thought it would...but ultimately had a great time. The methods were pretty similar to what I had already been doing except I enjoyed a lot of the broad to more specific brushstrokes both Omar and Will did. Seeing this in action really conditioned my mind in the right direction.

So be avid watchers this summer and make sure to keep on my case about getting them complete on time. ^_^ haha Oh and in the near future I will be posting some of my schoolwork from this semester as well! Look forward to it!

p.s. I'll bet you are wondering how this relates to Illustration Fridays topic, "LESSON" ...haha well watching Omar Dogan, and Will Terry's video was a lesson for me in the which this illustration resulted. ;)

1 comment: