Saturday, April 10, 2010

School Project update

I cannot represent the total sum of the work done so far this semester, but I include a few here, with brief descriptions. Hope everyone enjoys:

Class: Typography.
Assignment: Make a T-shirt for Graphic Designers utilizing a person from History instrumental in the creation of Type.
My Thoughts: I chose the earliest known inventor of movable type. Approx. 600 years before Gutenberg invented the European Movable type, Bi Sheng did it first in China.


Class: Typography
Assignment: Make a poster advertising a typeface. Utilize a style of design from the time period of the typeface you choose.
My thoughts: The poster turned out better than I expected, however it does not look like anything from the 1950's. I spent most of my time researching the clothes and hairstyles of the time period for the characters instead of focusing on the specific typefaces they used, and style of art. This ad format is based mostly off laundry detergent adds such as Tide and Joy.
Class: Design 2 (color Theory)
Assignment: Listen to an album by Godspeed You Black Emperor called "Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven"and make a design based on one of the songs.
My thoughts: By the title of the CD alone one could guess how strange the music would be. The group is a kind of ambient/rock/newage band. It is really hard to explain unless you hear their music. I really enjoyed this assignment and was probably more surprised by how my picture turned out then anyone-else. My favorite aspect of this picture is the perpetual movement in the picture.

1 comment:

  1. ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

    ReplyDelete