Saturday, November 22, 2014

2014 Christmas Poster

2014 Christmas
Digital, graphite, charcoal.

It's about time for another post, and what better way to do it, then by showing off a new illustration!

This is my annual Christmas poster for my church's holiday party. This year the theme was "Caroling." Caroling made me think of a family shoveling walkways for widows and singing Christmas songs to cheer them up.  Initially I was going to depict an inner city scene (with tall buildings, and cool lighting), but it didn't feel intimate enough...so I drew them in front of  a house. Sketching up my idea, it was approved and I moved forward.

For the Graphic design aspect...I don't usually like showing it, but I was very excited how this year's turned out...so check it out below! Tell me what you think!



Anyway, with the holiday season hitting hard (still not even sure what I am going to get my wife!  Shhhhh don't tell her I said that...), another exciting project starting next week (I'll tell you more about it  later), my wife about to have a baby(Due date was yesterday), and countless other things demanding my time...it might be next year before I post again.   (Or maybe I will surprise myself. We shall see!)  So in the meantime, just in case I don't get around to it...have a good thanksgiving, Christmas, and New years!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment