Saturday, August 11, 2012

IF- Lonely


This is the second illustration in a row that I've started and completed too late for Illustration Friday. sigh.  This was actually 1 week late (my wife is expecting a baby anyday now...and that adds alot of complications.)  Anyway, the topic was LONELY.

So...a couple ground breaking techniques were experimented on this illustration. One being that I kept falling back on a limited palette that I developed beforehand with my colorcomp...



the other being that I colored this piece digitally, printed it off and colored some more with actual colored Pencils, scanned it in and then finished it. See below for a simple breakdown of the whole process.




Just for fun I thought I would include a small version of the whole process in a straight line:


1 comment:

  1. Gosh, that looks like a lot of work. But it was totally worth it! :)

    On what printer and paper did you print it?

    ReplyDelete