Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Doodle Illustration

"Doodle Illustration," Mike Blake.
2012. Graphite, Watercolor, colored Pencil, and Digital Paint.

Just a fun doodle and experiment with color and most of my favorite mediums (pencil, watercolor, colored pencil, and digital paint.)

Doodling Part 1:
I recall an incident several years ago when I was in Middle School regarding DOODLING. One of my teachers did one of those awkward "get-to-know-you" activities at the beginning of the year and paired the class up so that we could introduce one another. The girl that got me was less than enthusiastic, and what made it worse is that when she asked what one of my favorite activities or hobbies was...I told her "DOODLING." She laughed and I think several from the class did as well,(once she introduced me with that fact) but I don't feel ashamed. At the time I had no real direction and got most of my art "kicks" from doodling and as you can imagine I did it on EVERYTHING. This habit has never gone away and I even did it up until my last lecture course for my BFA.

PBM update: If you are wondering about my progress with finalizing the PBM covers...I just needed a little break (plus I'm still looking for a full time job). I should start those updates soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment