Saturday, January 21, 2012

Private Commission Project!

"Gad B2 commission." 2012.
Graphite drawing and Digital colors.

I'm up against the wire tonight, so I wont say a whole lot about this piece. Basically my client wanted a picture of him and his 3 classmates, watching a nuclear explosion with a B2 flying away. In the seat directly behind them are their new squadron mascots (if anyone was confused.) I really spent alot of time nurturing and finessing the under-sketch as I fully planned to leave it visible (and not paint it out, like I have in past illustrations.) Hope you enjoy it as much as they did.

As a matter of business, you might have noticed with my last few posts, the illustrations have been different. I've been spending a bit of time exploring and trying to pull upon ALL my strengths, instead of ignoring some of them. I think it is safe to say that I have found a solution. The past few posts (minus the private comission) have been quick/ simple illustration tests. I am currently working on a finished portfolio piece, that goes beyond any of them, utilizing ALL my strengths. Make sure to stop by early next week, which is when I hope to have it done. It will be worth your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment