Wednesday, November 10, 2010

sculpture project

his semester I've been taking a sculpture class. So far it has been a great experience and I have learned more than I thought I would have. Here is the results of my most recent project:

The assignment was to take a fruit, make a mold with it, and utilizing the mold create more fruit out of plaster so that we could carve, paint, subtract with clay and do anything and everything we could think of.

My personal favorite was the sea-monster, while the majority of the class voted the surrealist tree growing out of the checkerboard as theirs (which was a close 2nd for me.) I really enjoyed the freedom this project gave, and the many things I learned.
I hope that you all enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Cool, didn't know you were researching for a project. Coraline is truly a great movie. My favorites are the hanging light bulb and fishing a seam monster.

    ReplyDelete