Saturday, January 30, 2010

illustration Friday-Focused


Last night I spent several hours breaking apart about 15 pictures. I wanted to understand how the professional artists set up their pictures in order to lead the viewers eye through their works. Utilizing what I learned I made this picture. ^_^

I utilized pictures, illustrations, and many other things to bring together my composition. I focused on a painterly quality and how light formed on figures. Originally I wanted to draw a girl I saw at the store wearing a soccer uniform...but the picture then required something more formal... ^_^ haha!

Anyway, this is all in preparation for a large project I am doing at school which will last three weeks. (mostly just a small test run on what I want to do large scale...)

2 comments:

  1. What do you mean by "set up their pictures"? Composition? This one works pretty well. I liked it better small that big, and it's very pleasing to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this picture is better far than near....which essentially was what I was going for (the overall look). THough I enjoy looking at it close in order to see the painterly strokes, especially where two colors interact. ^_^

    You asked about how the artists "set up their pictures..." Yes I was talking about their composition.

    ReplyDelete