Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Illustration Friday- Fast



Dad ~ "I probably should've taught him how to use the brakes first..."



As you can tell this was very different from my regular art. It became the complete opposite of my intentions (virtually no brush-strokes)...Oh my gosh I got so BORED! This process was rewarding, but tedious....towards the last half I hated every minute I spent on it...sigh.


Needless to say this picture became much more of a large scale project than I intended, but the characters and their movement were complex and required time and attention. For a fun note I taped a regular piece of paper on my Wacom to give more control to my selection and fill process! haha!

3 comments:

  1. I like it! Well worth the tedium. ^-^ I tape paper to my wacom too, the surface is so slippery sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I appreciate your comment. You use paper too?! ha, I'm not alone in the world! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I doubt anyone will notice, but I just reposted a updated version of this picture. On my screen the colors seemed fine, but when uploaded and on other screens it was INCREDIBLY dark. That bothered me. :P So I fixed it and posted my color corrected one! ^_^ yay!

    ReplyDelete