Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gouache-computer test...

I had some extra time since one of my classes canceled...I wanted to draw a pic. For this sketch I wanted to use Gouache. But just like my previous attempt with Acrylics, I ran into some detours...and before I knew it i had scanned my Gouache mess and began painting over it digitally.

For the process...I'm beginning to realize that I enjoy scanned paintings! The painting sets the color palette, and overall layout. It was also fun to have the painting so that I could imitate the medium. For other techniques, I ended doing something I havn't in years... using a filter! I used "paint daub" and then adjusted Hue/saturation to get the colors "Just right!" haha! Then to finish it off I adjusted the lighing with Levels.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete