Monday, September 28, 2009

Lessons to be learned!


Geez, it seems I'm on some kinda journey of wisdom! Haha!

An issue that many artists have is that they look too much at what they "could be" or "might be able to do" versus "what they can do" and "who they are!" They tend to get preoccupied by the flashy "what-ifs"...and what often results is they run faster than they have strength and/or their mind runs faster than their feet. So they trip, get frustrated at themselves and ultimately feel like they are going nowhere and/or failing.

So some basic rules that I would suggest to anyone in order to avoid that in the future:

1)Realize that art is simple (mentally speaking) and simplify it (don’t complicate it. )
-I have noticed that if people tell me that what they are explaining is too hard or difficult or even complicated, sometimes my mind makes it too hard, difficult and complicated to understand! It's a trick of the mind.
2)Do what you can and be who you are, added with attainable constant improvements!!!


Regarding the artwork, I will be surprised if anyone can guess what type of medium I used!(Especially if you can guess the brand! haha!) I will give a hint, I did it at school in the library...so its not super amazing art supplies...


2 comments:

  1. mmm... I'm guessing Crayola Textas?
    Great advice by the way. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! haha! You got the brand right! But not the type...I think, cause I've never heard of Textas. For a further hint and as a funny note my drawing smells real flavorful! haha!

    ReplyDelete